Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ethiopian Food?

This is Grant writing this post.  I actually write all of the post.  But with this post it is important to know that this is me writing.  We have never been out of the country.  One of my biggest concerns with leaving the country is the food.  For those that know me, I'm a little bit of a picky eater.  Vanessa on the other hand can handle anything.  There's a good chance that I'll lose some weight on our trips to Ethiopia.  I'm not sure what Ethiopian food is, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a fan.  I did a Google image search for Ethiopian food and most pictures looked like the one below. 



Someone at work has been telling me that I need to go to an Ethiopian restaurant here in Oklahoma City called Queen of Sheba.  She said the only person she has met that didn't like it was an 11 year boy who was picky.  So we are going to go give it a try this coming week.  We will be posting our reviews after our visit.  Wish me luck.  I'll need it. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a little scary looking but totally worth the visit. We also have an Ethiopian restaurant here called Queen of Sheba and we LOVE it. If you are not crazy about ethnic foods, I would try the Doro Tips. Not too spicy and not too "exotic". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be surprised! We love it! Tibs are probably the best place to start. Misir Wot is my favorite as is shiro wot. You'll have to keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should pack beef jerky and crackers! Also take plenty of peso with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you updated your picture....your smiles show your are happily waiting for 36 days...12 hours....I like the calendar!

    ReplyDelete