Friday, June 7, 2013

Coming Home...Bittersweet

 
After 34 hours of travel we arrived home safe and sound on Tuesday evening.  It was good to sleep in our own beds, be able to drink water straight from the tap and not have to rinse our toothbrush with bottled water.  Although I feel like I have mastered getting my tooth brush clean without using tap water.  It is bittersweet to be home without Seifu.  I just keep telling myself that we should be able to bring him home in a couple of months but I feel like a piece of my heart is still in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  Not just with Seifu but with all of the precious kids that we bonded with this past week.  These kids are some of the strongest kids that I have ever met.  They have suffered so much hurt, pain and loss at such a young age.  I can't even imagine all that they have had to endure.  It's hard for me to listen to complaints from people that live here that have been blessed beyond imagination.  I can't help but want to scream SHUT UP at the top of my lungs when I read silly complaints on Facebook from those that don't realize how truly blessed they are.  I know this sounds judgemental and rude of me but it is the truth and I feel like being really honest right now.  We saw firsthand kids that are perfectly contempt with having pretty much nothing of their own.  Not a family, not toys, not clothes, not food that they can grab from the pantry when they are hungry...and on and on.  Imagine your child never getting to eat fruit, meat, milk, candy, chocolate, and the list goes on and on because where they live that is considered luxury and not necessity...and all of those things cost way too much money.  Imagine these children not having a family to call their own, even though they know the love of a family because they had parents until one day they died of AIDS or other disease that are considered treatable in America.  I want so bad for these children to be able to have a father and mother, even though I know that many of them won't and they will end up aging out of the orphanage as orphans. 
We feel so blessed to be able to call Denver and Seifu our sons!  I am so thankful for adoption and all of the blessings it brings to a family.  I know that at a time like this I should be focusing on all of the happy moments but I can't help but ache for these children.  After spending so much time in the orphanage and bonding with all of these children my heart will forever be changed and I hope and pray that I will NEVER forget about these amazing kiddo's.  When people ask me why we are adopting from Africa I just want to be able to teleport them to one of these orphanages and show them because words cannot come close to explaining this.  

We had an amazing trip and can't wait to get back over there to bring our son home.  Here are some pics from our trip.

Meet our son Seifu!!!


Morgan Family pic on our court day!!!  Of course we passed!!!

They loved each other from the beginning

Seifu and mom

They giggled so much and loved playing together


This was a little scary from momma but Seifu proved to be very strong

Mimi was helping Seifu read a book, we wanted to see how well he could read English.  He proved to be pretty good at reading and math:)

Coloring Spider Man pictures, the coloring book was a huge hit for kids of all ages

Mom getting beat at checkers...I mainly left the checker playing to dad and Mimi. 
I'm more of a socializer not a deep thinker...plus Seifu was really good and I'm not competitive at all.

On one of our many outings, packed in the backseat

Denver crashed on his brothers shoulder, it was so adorable

Another outing that wiped Denver out. 

We ate at the volcano lake restaurant and it was yummy...unfortunately right after this was when the roof collapsed so we had to skip out on coffee and dessert.  Although I would've probably been the only one willing to risk it for coffee :)

Seifu's first time trying ice cream!  He wasn't exspecting it to be cold and it shocked him at first.  Needless to say he finished it all but the next day when we went back he ordered cake instead of ice cream.  We are going to have to take a trip to Braums when he comes home.

Seifu showing off some of his moves, he loves doing different lifts with his body.
 He is a lot stronger than I am that's for sure.

Of course Denver wanted to try it out and his brother was so sweet to help him.
Dad and Seifu playing checkers...they are both pretty good and competitive so it was interesting.

Seifu loves his Mimi
 

We took Seifu to pick out some new shoes b/c all of his shoes were too small.  He has really good taste, just like his momma.  I was very impressed with the shoes he picked out. 


God bless you all!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment