Thursday, February 10, 2011

God is Awesome!!!

We made it home safe last night and it was so wonderful to actually get some good sleep in our own bed.  I am feeling much better, just trying to get my strength back.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers, comments, texts, calls and everything else that you have done on our behalf.  I saw God at work first hand throughout our experience and he is truly an AWESOME God.  We are so blessed and thankful to have such wonderful friends and family.  I don’t know what I would have done without my amazing husband, I am so grateful to him for making sure that I was safe along the way.  He took care of everything for both of us and worked like the energizer bunny to make sure he could get me to safety. 
Denver “Waqo” is doing great, he has gained weight and seems so happy.  He is so loved by the nannies and children in the orphanage and I know he is getting great care.  I hope to be able to bring him home soon but it is a blessing to see first hand that he is truly loved where he is.  We met some amazing people through this journey that we otherwise probably never would have met.  Please continue to pray for the families and children that are in Ethiopia, either waiting to come home or, waiting to be able to take care of their children.  That’s all I have for now, I just wanted everyone to hear from me that I am doing much better and am almost fully recovered.  God bless you all!!!   
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment