Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cookie Reminder

First of all I hope that everyone had a very blessed Thanksgiving, we sure did.  It's always so much fun to spend time with family.  We definitely missed those that we didn't get to see.  

Just wanted to remind everyone about Project Santa Cause. If you have no clue what I am talking about you can click on this link "Christmas Cookies for a Cause" and it will take you to my previous post. The last day to order will be December 9th. So far I have made 400 cookies...but I can make more if I need to;) Here are some pics of the mess I made on Saturday making 33 dozen cookies.

There was flour all over the place


This doesn't look like much b/c we were able to get 400 cookies into 6 containers. 
As I was pounding and rolling out the dough I was getting tired and my back started to hurt but the thought of these women battling HIV was what kept me cheerful.  To think that we are going to help support them by selling sugar cookies is what made it sooooo worth it.  We are so very grateful at how blessed we are that we must always be trying to bless others.  Christmas to me is not about buying kids a ton of gifts, or getting presents myself, but a time that we can give to others.  It saddens me to think that Christmas is becoming more and more commercialized.  Honestly what do we need that we don't already have...I know I have much more than I ever need.  Seeing kids rip through so many presents that they don't even know what they got, or even who it came from makes me so sad.  I know, I know I'm on my soapbox but now that I'm a mom and I'm trying to raise a child to be Christlike I really think about these things more than I used to...and I've always thought this way so it's becoming stronger than ever. 

Thanks to Grant for taking Denver to visit his Mimi and Grandad so I wouldn't have to worry about little fingers getting burned by hot baking sheets.  Also thanks to my mom for helping me, I couldn't have done it without you...well I probably could have but it would have taken 14 hours instead of 7...so thank you, thank you, thank you.  Plus we were rocking out to Christmas music together so that made the time go by super fast.    God bless you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment